KLKN-TV, Lincoln’s Own ABC, has an opening for a Digital Content Producer who excels in a fast-paced newsroom environment. The Digital Content Producer will work closely with newsroom managers, producers, reporters, anchors, and meteorologists, to create and push original, creative content to all digital platforms including the station website, Facebook and Twitter accounts. The Digital Content Producer should be focused on driving traffic to those platforms and engaging audiences on all formats.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and maintaining station website and social media accounts.
- Locating fresh local and non-local news stories that engage viewers.
- Generating traffic by understanding and utilizing best practices for web, app, push notifications, and social media.
- Attending news meetings, prepared and knowledgeable to contribute to daily editorial discussions, to create and enhance local stories on digital platforms.
- Writing and producing breaking news stories.
- Launching live streams for various digital platforms.
- Ability to demonstrate high journalistic understanding and ethics.
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills.
- Demonstrate ability to write clearly on various platforms under tight deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the newsroom team.
- Willingness to work in a flexible schedule.
- Understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, Google Analytics and SEO.
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or related field or equivalent experience.
Please send your resume to Brent BonFleur – Assistant News Director, KLKN-TV, 3240 So. 10th St., Lincoln, NE 68502, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person between 9-5.
Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response.
Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.