Looking for a new gig? Well, you’re in luck.
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for a rock star to join our crew. In corporate speak, we provide printing, marketing, software and strategic guidance to thousands of brands, businesses and nonprofits. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- We bask in the Silicon Prairie, with offices in Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska, and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type who “bring it” every day, have each other’s back and truly give a shit.
- With clients in all 50 states and on 5 continents, you could say we get around.
- Inc. Magazine named us one of 50 honorees nationwide for their inaugural Best Workplaces Award in 2016.
- Firespring received the 2018 Community Impact Award, which honors companies that go above and beyond through philanthropy and volunteering.
- In 2014, we became the first Certified B Corporation in Nebraska, joining 2,000+ companies leading a global movement to redefine success in business.
- Our B Corp status cements our core purpose of leveraging our people, products and profit to do more good.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
If you like to have a few balls in the air and get satisfaction out of keeping them there, then this job is going to be your thing. You'll be building relationships with top agricultural accounts and an internal team of creative aces. We're looking for someone who can manage a large volume of work with very high quality. The ideal person is driven by accuracy and follow-through. After you see something once and take good notes, you’ll execute that task going forward. Simply put: Problem solving and the initiative to get shit done are strengths you were born with—all while being friendly, fun and contagious enough (in a good way) that people want to work with you.
Interested? Read on.
- Organizer extraordinaire—in fact, it slightly bothers you that this list of bullet points isn't in alphabetical order.
- You have experience in a marketing or project management environment.
- You can juggle more than the average juggler, figuratively. (If you can actually juggle we will also want to see that...)
- Quality is job one, and two and three.
- You are a human scribe, note taking is your jam.
- Whether you are reconciling billing, scheduling meetings, organizing client presentations, getting the job done and done right is what stokes your fire.
- You can roll with the punches like it’s no one’s business, changing circumstances and quick pivots are part of the fun in life.
- You are a fast-learning, human sponge, so much so that someone can tell you—or teach you—something once and you’ve got it.
- You can work independently, taking initiative on a project but you also thrive in a tight-knit team environment.
- You know how to strike a fun/work balance.
- Being solution-oriented and proactive are key components of your approach to life.
- BS/BA preferred. Experience in the ag industry (personal or professional) is a plus.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Become the right-hand to our Account Managers, taking on project management tasks for a variety of clients.
- Show some tough love and crack the whip to motivate clients and team members all while keeping projects on track.
- Communicate across departments to ensure projects are on time, on target and on budget.
- Keep projects from falling into the occasional black hole titled “notgettingdoneness.”
- Find creative ways to coordinate and get projects done.
- Record all client-related correspondence so we know what we've done to help.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—You don’t need to go to the grocery store to bring home the bacon. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
- Vacation—Paid holidays are a no brainer, but how does unlimited paid vacation sound? Too good to be true? It’s not. Salaried employees of Firespring are encouraged to take what they need when it comes to vacation and sick time.
- 401(k)—Your dad preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a ping pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.
We'll be in touch.