KOLN Morning Anchor
February 10, 2020
1011NOW is looking for a proven newsroom leader to anchor the market-leading weekday morning newscast, with additional reporting or anchoring duties during the week. We're looking for an anchor who has a strong drive to be involved in the day's content, and become a visible newsroom and community leader.
• Anchor our market-leading Monday-Friday morning newscast from 5am-7am
• Depending on the candidate, either produce and anchor our mid-day newscast, or turn stories for later newscasts
• Act as an editorial leader and supervising producer for the morning newscast
• Read/copy edit news scripts before each show
• Be a digital-first journalist, posting compelling content to social media and station digital platforms
• Be involved in helping determine the direction and content of the morning newscast
• Be ready to report/field anchor when major breaking news happens
• Get involved in the community, emceeing events and making public appearances as requested by the station
• At least 2 years of professional newsroom experience
• Anchoring, producing, and reporting experience
• An engaging and comfortable on-air personality
• The ability to enterprise and produce compelling content from start to finish
• The ability to use exceptional news judgment to prioritize tasks and assignments
Must have a valid Driver’s License with good driving record. Employment is contingent on successfully passing drug screen and driving record check.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES ELECTRONICALLY
Online to: www.Gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Or email your resume to:
Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sec, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to Federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, terminations, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of KOLN/KGIN/KSNB/KNOP/KNPL/KIIT’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.