Looking for a new gig? Well, you’re in luck. Apply today!
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for a rock star to join our crew. In corporate speak, we provide printing, marketing, software and strategic guidance to thousands of brands, businesses and nonprofits. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- We bask in the Silicon Prairie, with offices in Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska, and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type who “bring it” every day, have each other’s back and truly give a shit.
- With clients in all 50 states and on 5 continents, you could say we get around.
- Inc. Magazine named us one of 50 honorees nationwide for their inaugural Best Workplaces Award in 2016.
- Firespring received the 2018 Community Impact Award, which honors companies that go above and beyond through philanthropy and volunteering.
- In 2014, we became the first Certified B Corporation in Nebraska, joining 2,000+ companies leading a global movement to redefine success in business.
- Our B Corp status cements our core purpose of leveraging our people, products and profit to do more good.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
Firespring is looking for a Creative Director with a passion for problem-solving. Working under the direction of the Chief Marketing Officer, the Creative Director will help lead, direct and manage a team of designers and writers. The ideal candidate will be a team player working collaboratively with account teams, strategists, writers and other departments to develop high-quality, strategic, effective creative that is on-time and exceeds expectations. You will lead projects, present to clients and prospects and help guide young, hungry creatives. Creative strategy and the ability to bring strong ideas to life that engage across multiple disciplines and touchpoints is a must for this role as well as the desire to help elevate those around you. Not only being seen as a leader and in a managerial role for your team, but you also do not shy away from holding others accountable for their efforts. Facilitating a creative and inviting work environment is one of your most honorable talents.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and mentor creative team members to bring strong concepts to life.
- You cultivate and maintain a creative environment for your team here at Firespring.
- Guide the creative process from idea conception to tangible work. Beginning to end you are one of the go-tos.
- High pace. You can change gears constantly.
- You work thoroughly with your team members to maximize efficiency and project turnaround.
- You stay on top of advertising trends and tactics.
- Having unparalleled presentation skills is a no brainer for you.
- Masterfully communicate work and processes both internally and to our clients in a clear, confident and strategic way.
- Work closely with department directors, strategy and account teams to develop a range of solutions that are smart and on target for clients’ needs.
- Develop goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish projects.
- Proactively identify and solve potential issues within assigned projects.
- Manage, produce and execute shoots both on location and within a studio.
- Manage and execute own accounts and projects, working with both internal and external creative resources while staying within budget and scheduling requirements.
- We want you to be able to wow us with your talents. 10+ years of creative and/or agency leadership is preferred.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign...)
- Extensive knowledge of design fundamentals, print process, understanding of web capabilities and experience directing video.
- Previous managerial experience preferred.
- Strong people, persuasion and presentation skills to keep clients and team members engaged.
- Attention to detail and a passion for problem-solving.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—You don’t need to go to the grocery store to bring home the bacon. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
- Vacation—Paid holidays are a no brainer, but how does unlimited, paid vacation sound? Too good to be true? It’s not. Salaried employees of Firespring are encouraged to take what they need when it comes to vacation and sick time.
- 401(k)—Your parents preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a ping pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea, lemonade, and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.