KOLN Evening Anchor
January 28, 2020
1011NOW is looking for a proven newsroom leader and ratings driver to anchor the market-leading weekday evening newscasts. We're looking for someone with a proven ability to engage an audience, and convey news in an urgent and relatable way.
As a primary evening anchor, you'll also be a primary content driver, helping lead a team of quality journalists to define the content and quality of the area's most-watched newscasts.
• Anchor our market-leading Monday-Friday evening newscasts at 5, 6, and 10pm
• Exercise a strong news judgment, research complicated stories, and determine the content and quality of newscasts
• Act as a supervising producer during the late newscasts
• Read/copy edit news scripts before each show
• Be a digital-first journalist, posting compelling content to social media and station digital platforms
• Be involved in the community, emceeing events and making public appearances as requested by the station
• Be read to report/field anchor when major breaking news happens
• Report and produce regular franchise stories
• 3 years of professional newsroom and on-air experience preferred
• Anchoring, producing, and reporting experience
• An engaging and comfortable on-air personality
• Ability to enterprise and produce compelling content from start to finish
• Ability to use exceptional news judgment to prioritize tasks and assignments
• Ability to communicate effectively with newsroom managers, producers and co-workers
• Must be an excellent writer
• Knowledge of journalism ethics and legal issues; College Degree required
• Ability to meet daily news deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and possess the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Professional appearance a must
• Ability to shoot and edit news stories
Must have a valid Driver’s License; with a good driving record. Employment is contingent on successfully passing drug screen and driving record check.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES ELECTRONICALLY
Online to: www.Gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Or email your resume to:
Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sec, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to Federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, terminations, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of KOLN/KGIN/KSNB/KNOP/KNPL/KIIT’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.