KLKN-TV in Lincoln, Nebraska is looking for an engaging news anchor/reporter to help take the newscasts to new exciting levels. The ideal candidate will be a positive force both in-front of the camera and behind the scenes. Must have the ability to clearly communicate in live, breaking news situations. Must be an excellent storyteller on broadcast, digital, and social media fronts. Must have strong editorial judgement and be able to collaborate with the producer to develop relevant and engaging content for the viewer.
In this role:
- Clearly and accurately deliver content in an engaging manner
- Research and fact-check copy
- Produce stories that are engaging and accurate
- Assist/Produce newscasts as necessary
- Enterprise engaging local content for all platforms
- Research and interview news subjects on a wide array of topics
- Perform other tasks as assigned by news managers
- College degree in journalism, communications or a related field
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience as a reporter/MMJ
- Prefer a minimum of at least 2-years’ experience as an anchor
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to create unique, engaging content
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Active on digital and social media platforms
- Flexibility in working various shifts as needed
Please submit your resume to Kern Dant – General Manager, 3240 S. 10th Street, Lincoln, NE 68502, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person between 9 – 5.
Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response.
Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.