Job Title: Content Manager
Department: External Relations/Marketing
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing and Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared by: Brenda Weyers
Prepared date: August 2019
The Content Manager supports the development and implementation of a variety of written content for strategic marketing, promotional, and fundraising communications through social media, interactive marketing, video, web, and content management that effectively brand and promote Nebraska Children and Families Foundation and its initiatives. Must be highly self-motivated with the sensibility of a reporter to seek out stories within and outside of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. All duties are carried out with a minimum of supervision.
- Communicates the foundation’s brand identity across all channels, focusing on verbal/written content
- Oversees online portion of foundation campaign strategies and implementation
- Develops a common language for foundation staff, board and stakeholders that builds engagement with key audiences
- Maintains and implements editorial calendar that integrates all content areas foundation-wide
- Oversees blog and social media channels, ensuring timely and accurate updates as well as tracking metrics
- Assist in the development of social media campaigns for branding, news, events, recruitment, fundraising and more.
- Consults with internal clients on content needs and works collaboratively to develop each strategy
- Apply best practices in email marketing, Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing
- Assists in making sure website content is updated and accurate
- Recommends innovative communications strategies for achieving goals and objectives
- Understand different writing styles to appeal to various targets
- Edits/proofs documents as needed
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty independently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, design, journalism or equivalent and 5 years of related professional experience are required. Advanced computer skills is a must. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite and experience managing web site content is required. Working knowledge of best practices in social media communication with professional application preferred. Non-profit or brand management experience preferred.
Excellent writing skills and editing skills required. Ability to research, concept, and incorporate ideas into oral and written communications designed for targeted audiences or for mass communications pieces is required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals is required. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs is required. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages is required. Ability to read and interpret demographic and statistical research data is required.
Ability to work with web based communication tools, including website administration is required. Ability to use MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign) is preferred. Robust understanding of social media channels. Prefer experience in shooting and editing quality video.
Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot in unique or high-pressure situations is required. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions is required. Ability to fact- check and verify data using primary and secondary sources is required. Ability to plan, schedule, and manage multiple activities at once is required.
Commitment to detail and accuracy and ability to maintain confidentiality are required. Ability to manage and execute simultaneous and varied tasks independently is required. Ability to interact effectively with a variety of professionals is required. Ability to work successfully in teams and under own initiative is required.
The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
This position is a full-time, exempt position of at least 40 hours per week with a set schedule. A flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends, and a willingness to travel, including overnight stays, are required.
Apply at: https://careerlink.com/job/5541-221/