As a senior front-end web developer, you'll want to have an excellent understanding of web fundamentals and leverage this knowledge to develop creative solutions. With your UI/UX skills, you have the ability to translate prototypes into live, functional websites—bridging the gap between graphic design and technical implementation. You probably have a big appetite for information on new trends and standards, always remaining on the cutting edge of technology. (You're gonna need all this experience to provide guidance and act as a resource for other developers.) Think of yourself as a thought leader for the team—ultimately increasing the skill-level of the entire department. Has a nice ring to it, huh?
- Code and integrate HTML/CSS/JS for theme designs on proprietary CMS.
- Develop functional UI/UX solutions for themes.
- Research modern web standards and processes.
- Act as a resource and mentor for other front-end web developers.
- Develop and maintain front-end framework, themes and designs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience using a templating language such as Twig is required.
- Experience with a task runner, like Grunt or Gulp is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Sketch and InVision is helpful but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—We reward exceptional candidates with competitive pay.
- Vacation—We work hard. We play hard. Paid holidays are a no brainer, but how does unlimited, paid vacation sound? Too good to be true? It’s not. Salaried employees of Firespring are encouraged to take what they need when it comes to vacation and sick time.
- 401(k)—Your parents preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a Ping Pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all Firespring benefits will show up in the form of a direct deposit. In fact, the “less serious” benefits are a few of our favorites. In addition to immediate access to Firespring’s group health insurance plan, business-casual dress code and an onslaught of social and recreational activities that will make your cubicle-shackled friends weep with envy.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered. Be sure to include examples of sites or projects you’ve worked on. We’d love to nose around in your CodePen.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.
Apply online: https://firespring.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0jkv5?source=careers%20page