Marketing & Design Coordinator
Lincoln Children's Zoo on 05/04/2019
Marketing & Design Coordinator
Supervisor’s Title: Director of Communications
Position Pay Range: $30,000 - 34,000
Personnel Classification: Full-time Exempt with benefits
About the Lincoln Children's Zoo:
Rated among the nation's best zoos for children by Parent Magazine, the Zoo is home to over 400 different animals and 40 endangered animals and is the third most attended arts & cultural attraction in Nebraska. The Zoo has been featured on NBC Today, Time Magazine, ABC News, USA Today, Buzzfeed, CNN and National Geographic. The Zoo continues to grow each year with more than 245,000 in attendance in 2018 and is currently undergoing a major expansion by adding giraffes, tigers, spider monkeys in a 10-acre addition.
Lincoln Children’s Zoo Core Values
- We are there for each other.
- We generate enthusiasm.
- We are humble.
- We go above and beyond.
This position assists the Director of Communication in the successful execution of the annual marketing plan. Primary responsibility is to provide direct support through production of the zoo newsletter, design of print materials and production coordination – ensuring cohesive and current internal and external branding always. Other responsibilities include assisting in the planning of marketing strategies and completion of special projects, as well as design and maintenance of the website.
- Execute the design and production of all marketing materials
- Responsible for layout and coordination of the Newsletter
- Manage and create marketing materials including, but not limited to the following: print ads, posters, videos, flyers, brochures
- Create and manage content for the Zoo website
- Manage Instagram, Facebook and other social media
- Assist overall event strategy and development
- Work in cooperation with other staff as well as independently on special or ongoing projects
- Prioritize a diverse project workload to meet deadlines
- Perceive customer satisfaction as a primary focus and continually strive to exceed the expectations of guests
- Take instruction from the Director of Communications to perform other functions as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of the Lincoln Children's Zoo
Necessary Skills & Requirements:
- Extensive understanding of Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on Illustrator
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Arts or a degree with an emphasis on advertising
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to balance multiple projects/tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take direction when needed and provide self-direction to complete projects/tasks
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be comfortable working with both internal and external audiences
- Ability to produce high-quality work, occasionally on very short deadlines, is required
- Must be able to occasionally work weekends, nights, and holidays
Work schedule varies and may include weekend, evening and holiday work. Occasional errands outside the Zoo are required.