Specialist, Creative Communications
LES on 11/20/2018
Job Title: Specialist, Creative Communications
Requisition ID 1932 - Posted 11/09/2018 - Regular - Full-time - Corporate Communications
Located in Lincoln, Nebraska, customer-owned LES is one of the nation’s leading utility companies. We’re recognized for low costs, reliability, financial stability, innovation, environmental stewardship, community involvement and exceptional customer service. So, if you are looking for a career, and not just a job; if you value working in an atmosphere that values passion and talent, high personal standards, service excellence, the environment and the community in which we live- LES may be the place for you.
Specialist, Creative Communications
Employment Type Starting Pay Range Posting Date
Full-time $57,108.00 - $71,385.00 11/9/2018
Employment Classification Division Closing Date
Regular Communications & Corp Records 11/26/2018
This position works directly with all levels of management, employees, external agencies, organizations and consultants to advance employee and customer understanding and awareness of LES’ vision, mission, goals and strategic priorities.
CORE COMPETENCIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Strategic Communications/Advanced Professional Writing – The ideal candidate will possess a competent level of professional writing skills using communications tools and executing a corporate communication strategy.
Has the drive to stay up-to-date with new technologies and provides feedback and suggestions to improve quality, productivity or performance.
- Participates in the development and implementation of company-wide strategic communications, marketing, public relations, media relations and event planning.
- Uses project management techniques to plan, coordinate, execute and evaluate communications plans, activities, special events and projects to ensure compliance, effectiveness, maximization of efforts, and achievement of established goals.
- Creates and edits written content for campaigns, publications, blogs, and other internal and external communications as needed.
- Creativity and Innovation – Seeking an individual who understands which problems or situations require creativity versus methodical problem solving. Analyzes current views or assumptions and creates fresh ideas and new ways of seeing things. Explores new techniques to improve work results and recommends alternatives or modifications to existing procedures.
- Utilizes social media tools to promote programs, projects, events, and other LES supported information applying the latest techniques for targeted audiences.
- Experience with Creative Suite required.
- Uses social media.
Decision Making – The individual filing this position will need to apply logic to decision making and identify and consider several different solutions when needed. Makes effective decisions even when faced with time pressure or uncertain conditions. Recognizes when input from others is needed to make effective decisions.
Weighs the costs, benefits and implications of decisions before making them.
Problem Solving – This position requires an individual to identify and prioritize significant problems and opportunities. Avoids jumping to conclusions prematurely; thoroughly analyzes all aspects of the problem and brainstorms alternative causes and solutions. Effectively uses available data and resources such as written information and/or subject matter experts to solve problems. Considers resource constraints when generating solutions. Considers organizational values when generating solutions.
Consulting – The ideal candidate enjoys working with people and demonstrates a high level of commitment to customers. Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic long-term relationships customers. Fields media inquiries as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field, and
- Four years of communications, advertising or graphic design, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.