Senior Product Marketing Strategist
We are a department of people—human, fallible, quirky, but conscientious. Our differences are our strengths. We bring our full selves when we walk through the door. All of it. That’s what makes us a great team. Our mission is helping people through difficult times. It’s what gets us out of bed in the morning and keeps us up late at night. We pursue that mission like professional athletes do sport: never satisfied, always pressing, moving forward, and looking for ways to get better. From research and regulations to art and design and customer service. And we prize three things above all else: talent, hustle, and creativity.
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Marketing and Corporate Communications, responsible for the strategic development and execution of life and health product marketing plans.
60% Drives life and health products’ strategy and execution, which includes:
- developing marketing strategy and programs for a product line;
- evaluating product performance to develop and update company goals and objectives;
- recommending changes to current product development procedures; and
- performing market research on new industry trends.
25% Collaborates and fosters an integrated approach with sales team members, which includes:
- cultivating an open dialogue with sales team members and key distributors;
- advising sales team on any relevant product concerns;
- supporting key distributor marketing initiatives; and
- attending and participating in sales meetings and training opportunities.
15% Performs other functions, which includes:
- attending workshops to maintain and grow technical knowledge;
- traveling with sales teams when development opportunities arise; and
- reviewing content assets from competitors and third party resources to stay informed on relevant industry topics of interest.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Four to six years of experience in channel marketing, advertising, public relations, or related field
Life and health insurance knowledge strongly preferred
Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
Ability to be proactive, dependable, detailed, personable, and organized
Talent required in values, work intensity, achiever, positivity, relationship, resourceful, persuasion, command, relationship-extension and exactness
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, advertising, communication, marketing, related field or equivalent
PHYSICAL AND WORK SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS
May require work in excess of 40 hours a week in order to complete functions of position