Doane University, named a 2016 "Great College to Work For" by The Chronicle of Higher Education, invites applications for the position of Marketing Coordinator at its nationally recognized undergraduate campus in Crete, Nebraska. The Marketing Coordinator is an integral member of the Office of Strategic Communications team that will help promote Doane’s brand and academic quality. The successful candidate will possess a diverse range of marketing skills which could include knowledge of graphic design, photography, video, copywriting, websites and social media strategy. This position will play a central role in engaging the university’s many constituents using Doane’s brand and will work collaboratively with other OSC team members as well as departments across all Doane campuses to positively promote the image of the university. Job duties in this position will be flexible depending on the skillset of the successful candidate but could include:
- Working with the Creative Director to design and produce brochures, advertisements, posters, postcards, digital displays, flyers, university publications and Web and digital graphics.
- Working with the Communications Specialist to produce compelling written communications to promote the university’s mission through a variety of platforms.
- Producing and editing high-quality photography and video and coordinating with external photo or video vendors to produce optimal image solutions.
- Monitoring Doane’s website and consistently ensuring information and user experience is current and optimized to the university’s target audiences.
- Serving as a lead manager for Doane’s various social media channels and helping manage Doane’s Student Social Media Team.
- Working with the Communications Specialist and Senior Director to pitch stories to media.
- Managing, organizing and optimizing Doane’s photo and video libraries.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in design, brand development, communications, marketing and/or creative project management is required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time and a working knowledge of production procedures, timelines, budgets, printing and Web terminology.
- Excellent verbal/non-verbal and written communication skills.
- The individual is creative and capable of efficient and effective problem solving.
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively is essential for success.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and desire to represent Doane University.
- Proficiency with computer design tools using Adobe Creative Suite programs such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Demonstrated ability to design and create images and publications that communicate a dynamic brand to target audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize various social media channels for a company, school or organization.
- Demonstrated experience with website optimization or user experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in photography; knowledge of video production and editing recommended.
- Creative writing skills that can articulate university messages to numerous audiences.
- Experience in public relations strategy is preferred.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
To apply, go to https://doane.applicantpro.com/jobs/