Investor Relations Position
The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce is filling the position of Investor Relations. To apply, submit resume, cover letter and salary history to jaimehenning@LCOC.com. The Investor Relations position will report directly to the Director of Corporate Relations.
The Chamber of Commerce is Lincoln’s lead business organization and voice for more than 1700+ members. We are the visionary organization for the business community helping Lincoln continue to be vibrant, grow our current businesses, build and keep our workforce and attract new startups and companies to Lincoln. . We are ready to embrace the next stage of growth for Lincoln and to help define what’s next. We represent the region in job creation, visitor development, member services, workforce attraction and advocacy. Our organization is a three time Five Star Accredited Chamber with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and regarded as one of the nation’s best.
The Investor Relations Position’s primary role is to recruit new member-investors by promoting the benefits of Chamber membership, and how the Chamber can positively impact the development and growth of the business climate in Lincoln.
The position offers a base salary plus monthly commissions, bonuses and other compensation opportunities. Employment benefits include health plan, dental, life, etc. Additional benefits include vacation, sick, family and medical leave and 401k plan with employer match.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of the Chamber’s mission and strategies and how it directly benefits existing and prospective members.
- Develop, implement and achieve a personal sales action plan including weekly and monthly goals
- Establish positive relations with the principals of businesses throughout the region to establish specific needs of their organization and report findings to appropriate Chamber leaders
- Maintain knowledge of goals, objectives and services provided by the organization
- Actively support and participate in Chamber events and functions • Encourage participation and retention of Chamber members
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience in sales and/or marketing as well as excellent communication skills
- Superior organizational skills as well as flexibility
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Aptitude for working with volunteers and building relationships at all levels of an organization
- Ability to use database for tracking as well as proficient in Excel, Outlook, and MS Word
- Ability to manage multiple leads, work with deadlines and provide excellent follow-up
- Communication–conveys information persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team skills–exhibits the ability to get along well with others, is open to new ideas, accepts authority and responsibility and is customer service oriented.
- Judgment–displays willingness to make independent decisions, exhibits sound judgment, makes timely decisions, and accepts responsibility for results. Measures sales potential, forecasts sales and develops reports. Also maintains confidentiality and keeps member needs at the forefront.
- Planning/organizing–the individual prioritizes and plans work activities without supervision, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Problem solving–the individual is an independent thinker, identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Quality management–continuously looks for ways to improve and promote quality, and demonstrates a working knowledge of internal controls and software for managing leads