Front-End Web Developer
Looking for a job you’ll love? Get ready to fall head over heels.
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for someone special to join our Lincoln team. In corporate speak, we provide an unmatched range of integrated print, creative, website and IT solutions in addition to subscription-based software and turnkey marketing tools. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- Located in Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska, we bask in the Silicon Prairie.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type that will “bring it” every day.
- We work hard, we play harder.
- Once a year, we shave our heads together. (An optional activity, of course.)
- Inc. Magazine named Firespring one of the “Top 50 Small Company Workplaces” in the nation. We like them too.
- We love to give back to the community. In fact, every full-time Firespringer receives a paid day off every month to volunteer for a nonprofit organization of their choice.
- With nearly 6,000 clients in 50 states and 12 countries, I guess you can say we get around.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
Our Front-End Development team is an amazing group of self-starters, who are motivated to code with standards that are modern and progressive. Often asked to complete feats of greatness in a short amount of time—they are caring, creative, problem-solving extraordinaires. And we are ready to welcome one more to our team. Think you have what it takes to have our back? We're looking for someone who is passionate about web design and development. Beyond that, we need someone who is comfortable with slicing and dicing a page-ready PSD file and coding it all back together to create a beautiful, functional, finished website that runs on our CMS. This team member reports to our offices in Lincoln, NE, nerf wars are more fun in person.
If that's you, read on.
Day to Day Tasks and Responsibilities
- Code modern, semantic HTML & CSS from provided PSD design files.
- Integrate HTML mockups with our CMS using PHP/Twig templating languages.
- Utilize SaaS to create efficient, clean templates.
- Troubleshoot HTML & CSS for display issues and browser compatibility.
- Work independently and with team members to complete tasks by defined deadlines.
- Communicate directly with Project Managers to clarify client needs/requests.
- 1-2 years experience coding HTML & CSS for content management systems.
- Adept at converting client proofs into accurate, responsive HTML layouts.
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/device compatibility with emphasis on mobile.
- Experience with SaaS and jQuery.
- Proficient with source control tools, such as Git.
- Strong skills using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Self-motivated and resourceful at technical problem solving.
- Work well in a collaborative setting on simultaneous projects.
- Life-long learner, keep up-to-date with the latest coding standards/languages.
- Ability to follow defined processes.
- Work well under pressure of deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—You don’t need to go to the grocery store to bring home the bacon. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
- Vacation—Paid holidays are a no brainer, but how does unlimited, paid vacation sound? Too good to be true? It’s not. Salaried employees of Firespring are encouraged to take what they need when it comes to vacation and sick time.
- 401(k)—Your dad preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a ping pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea, lemonade and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard? Please apply via https://firespring.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0mmtn
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered. Be sure to include examples of sites or projects you’ve worked on. We’d love to nose around in your CodePen.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.